Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scone: Reflecting on 9/11

Although it's clearly not the breakfast hour, it took me some time to get my thoughts together today.

I get chills every time I look at the calendar and remember -- each time, with full force -- the sadness and fear I felt that day. I recall wondering, like we all did: How? Why? What next? And thinking, like we all did, that nothing would ever be the same.

Over the weeks that followed, I remember seeing how our shared tragedy and grief brought out the best we all had to offer. As sad as it is to think of that day, I feel proud of the strength of resolve and unity of purpose it yielded. To share a little of that pride with you, here's a 2002 EBN article about how one company helped heal its employees in the aftermath of Sept. 11.

No comments: